This post is a part of the With Love series.
You know that feeling we get when nothing seems to work out for us anymore? We have tried so hard to succeed but everything seems to be against us. These are the times we often feel like giving up. And yet, it is in these very times that we are the closest to breakthrough that we have ever been. As the saying goes, “Too many ideas have died by their creators giving up seconds before victory.”
When I feel like giving up, I look at myself in the mirror and say, “I love myself. I am strong! I can make this through, and I will make this through!” There is a will within each of us that can overcome any negative thought or feeling. We are stronger than what we believe and more enduring than what we perceive. After years of experience having been there myself, I can tell you with confidence that you DO have the power within you to succeed in your undertaking and to be successful!Believe in yourself, and it will come to pass!
- I know how it feels like to be successful
- I know how to be successful
- I know it is possible for me to be successful
Behind me is infinite power. Before me is endless possibility. Around me is boundless opportunity. Why should I fear?
~ Mac Anderson
Live life now
During these times, it helps me to go back to my roots and revisit my original motivations for doing what I am doing. For example, just before I had given up on writing my first children’s book, I sat down at my table and wrote down the reasons why I started. If I had given up there, I would not have seen the many smiles on children’s faces as they read my book, and I would not have had the chance of being able to connect with so many kindergarten pupils.
Checklist for today
- Realize that the feeling of giving up appears right before our biggest breakthrough.
- Find a pen and paper, sit down at a table, and write down the reasons you started your current undertaking. Go back to your roots.
- Think beyond your current problem and visualize how you will feel after completing the project. Imagine the joy on your face as you see your work come to live.
- Then go and continue your undertaking with new strength! You CAN make a difference!